Pages

Friday 7 November 2014

How I Clean My Makeup Brushes

Today I am going to be sharing with you how I clean my makeup brushes!


The three items I use to wash my brushes are:

Washing up Liquid
(Antibacterial so kills any germs)


Extra Virgin Olive Oil
(Keeps bristles soft and conditions them)


A bowl to mix


1. I start by adding both the washing up liquid and olive oil into the bowl. I then take a brush I want to wash and start mixing.


2. Once the brush is coated in the mixture I gently swirl the brush in the palm of my hand to remove the makeup on the brush, you will be surprised at how much comes out!


3. I then rinse the brush under the cold tap and carefully squeeze until no more soap comes out. Be careful whilst doing this as if you hold the brush up into the flow of the water it will loosen the glue in the brush, bristles will come out faster and the brush just won't last as long. Always hold the brush down away from the flow of water.


Just repeat this with all brushes and then lie them on a towel overnight to dry. In the morning they should be dry and also lovely and clean!


I hope you enjoyed this post and possibly found it helpful!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment